Monday, May 15, 2017

VLOG : Mission In Action

This is the unit 2 Action Project for my Endurance course. This is the third humanities course in the senior Global Vision series. Unit 2 was titled Katabasis and focused on how to dive into your mission. The first unit was about identification and this unit was focused on action. Katabasis means diving into the strange underworld with dangers all around. We utilized Dante's Inferno as a key resource throughout the unit. It was extraordinarily moving for me and allowed me to further understand the heroes journey. Parallels were drawn between Dante's journey and my own. I began to take the story and relate it to my life. It was one of the most influential texts I've encountered during my schooling. The unit also investigated the the journey of remarkable individuals who endured seemingly crazy missions. David Blaine is a remarkable example of someone we learned and talked about. Seeing his feats and then hearing him talk about his mindset and the process behind them made me very excited. The things he accomplished were mind-blowing to me and he explained that through practice, handwork, patience, and a will almost anything can be done. For the AP, students were asked to work on their mission for at least 12 hours and document it. I decided to paint my largest canvas ever. My mission was to provide people with the keys to unlock their own doors of perception and I determined the best way to do so was with a large painting. I really enjoyed this project as it allowed me to work on something I truly love. In addition to the painting, I really liked making the video. It allowed me to utilize a different side of my creativity. The project was definitely challenging at times but my passion kept me engaged and moving forward. I adored this unit and believe this is one of my best AP's ever!



No comments:

Post a Comment