Friday, February 3, 2017

Textbook Chapter

This is the unit 1 Action Project for my Humanities course Equality. Unit 1 was titled history and was guided by the question "What is the history of the fight for equality?" In class we explored the history of race, gender, and class. We had conversations about current issues in our society and studied wonderful of equality fighters from across history. The Action Project was focused on telling a story. Students were asked to recount a significant historical event. Students were asked to create a chapter for a textbook focused on marginalized people. I selected a topic I was previously interested in but not well versed in. I really enjoyed the first unit of this course and thought the action project was a creative way to finish up the unit. It was interesting to do an AP in a new format, a textbook chapter. This project wasn't too difficult but it did take a long time to complete. Overall, I am happy with what  I learned and the project I produced to show my mastery.


No comments:

Post a Comment