Friday, October 21, 2016

Influential Voice

This is the unit two action project for my journalism course. Unit two was titled sound and investigated how radio has spread news and worked to connect us and bring us all together. I enjoyed getting to play the role of a radio journalist and learn the techniques used to spread news and stories. Our class went on a wonderful field experience to the journalism department at Columbia College. We met with a professor and got an inside view of their tv studios, sounds studios and news paper room. It was incredible getting to see college students working hard on various journalism projects that were relevant to our studies in class. We listened to a variety of podcasts and analyzed various stories and the power they posses. I enjoyed learning about Journalist Ira Glass and his ideas about how to tell a good story. He was interesting to study because he constantly touched on the need to take risks and fail in order to grow and succeed in life. The unit culminated with a very relevant action project where students were asked to profile an influential voice from the 20th century. I loved this action project because I was able to explore the life and mind of an artist I've adored for a long time. I thought the project required a tremendous amount of effort and dedication. Although it was hard, I felt I worked through my challenges and produced a very nice final piece. Overall this was a fantastic action project that I am very satisfied with.

No comments:

Post a Comment