Friday, September 30, 2016

Art School Or Art World

This is the unit 1 action project for my Economics:Risking Value course. Unit 1 was titled Utility and Value and focussed on learning economics basics. We learned about supply and demand and how to create and read graphs. We practiced various ways of calculating interest. One of my favorite parts of the unit was learning about incentives. We had several experiments we used to test incentive in class such as a fake subway survey. I loved seeing the connections between economics and everyday life. Economics became less of an overwhelming subject for me and more of a lens which I can use to view the world. We took a wonderful FE to the Federal Reserve Bank and talked with an economist. It was thrilling to see so much money in so many varying denominations. My personal favorite was the ten thousand dollar bill. The unit culminated with an action project that asked students to evaluate the cost of college. I loved this action project because It did a good job of bringing the whole unit together. I think the real life connections and relevance this project had really did a good job of keeping me engaged and working hard. Overall I loved this first unit and thought this was a great action project to finish it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment